The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) of the Global Fund grant with the overarching objective of accelerating TB case notification in the state. As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry is legally responsible for the overall management of the grant, ensuring attainment of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfill this mandate, the Ministry established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out these functions. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB, SASCP, and RSSH) within the ministry, Sub-Recipients (SRs), and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is efficiently managed and implemented in compliance with the grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiographer
Location: Alausa Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
- The Radiographer will work on the NGA-T-LSMOH Grant together with the State’s TB Program (STBLCP) to support implementation of the TB Control program in the operationalization of the TB X-Ray Vans and Machines across all GF supported sites to improve TB case notification in the State.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- To provide the service to all clients, including those who may be unwell or even uncooperative, in a firm and non-threatening manner.
- Obtain high quality digital chest x-ray images of the clients including the use of Computer aided Detection for Tuberculosis (CAD4TB) and Picture Archiving Computer System (PACS) and ensure that best practices are observed at all times in the designated facility or x-ray van.
- Ensure that all the CAD4TB images are reviewed by the appointed Radiologist, all patients with abnormal CXR are appropriately reviewed by the Radiologist and linked to care.
- Liaise with the Facility Management and LSMOH Field Team on site to ensure smooth workflow and maximum system efficiency throughout the chest x-ray screening activities.
- Ensure that there is no mishandling of equipment and accessories and that all start up and shut down protocols are followed.
- Develop a sound knowledge of the equipment used in order to be aware of malfunctions and errors and to report accordingly.
- Ensure all adequate safety measures are taken to avoid any undue exposure to radiation.
- Ensure proper handling and use of x-ray equipment and related software.
- Ensure that data (such as patient IDs, demographics, CAD scores etc.) is entered correctly into the system daily.
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly stats to the M&E team (for verification purposes), including:
- Number of daily chest x-rays (CXR) done
- Number of abnormal CXR’s as per CAD4TB Score
- Number of clinical cases of TB as per Radiologist’s report
- Number of other lung pathologies as per Radiologist’s report
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Support other staff members of the team when required.
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team that is target driven and result orientated.
- Provide overall supervision and time management of all HR for the TB screening using chest x-rays and communicate effectively with clinical, managerial, administrative and ancillary staff of the facility (if facility based).
- Perform other related duties as required.
Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
Application Closing Date
29th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: