Lily hospitals Ltd, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) and was also recently accredited with COHSASA (Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa) Certificate.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Locations: Warri – Delta and Benin – Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
This role is responsible for performing inpatient and outpatient care, providing necessary documentation on health reports and discharge summaries of patients. Liaising with consultants regarding the provision of inpatient and outpatient care including diagnosis and medication plans.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are
- To provide quality medical care to patients under the supervision of the HOD, Consultants and other senior medical staff.
- Analyze records, reports, test results or examine patients to diagnose medical conditions that are complex and refer to appropriate consultants for further care.
- Assist consultants in performing cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve the patient’s health.
- To ensure comprehensive, accurate, and concise medical records are collected and maintained for patients with an appropriate signed and dated legible entry in the patient’s medical record on every attendance upon a patient.
- Contribute to quality patient care by participating in case planning which includes appropriate pre-admission planning, in-hospital care and discharge planning.
- To arrange investigations, medical treatment and discharge as directed by the Senior Registrars or Consultant to which assigned.
- To be “on-call” or participate in shift rosters is a requirement of the position
- Candidate must be licensed to practice medicine from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association of Nigeria.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery.
- Must have at least 1-3 years’ experience as a Medical Officer.
- Candidates must be Knowledgeable in General Medicine and other related areas of medical practice.
- Must have valuable sympathetic bedside manners, strong active listening skills and advanced problem-solving abilities while being able to work in a team.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills.
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Medical Officer” as the subject of the mail.