Anadach Group is a strategic healthcare consulting firm focused on providing innovative advice and services to clients and partners interested in transforming healthcare systems in emerging markets and developing economies. We provide a wide range of services to various stakeholders in the health sector including management consulting,Advisory and Capability Enhancement Services,Professional and Executive Recruitment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nephrology Nurse
- The dialysis nurse will be responsible for overseeing dialysis treatments required by patients suffering from acute or chronic kidney failure.
- The duties include and are not limited to checking and recording patients’ vitals, ensuring that dialysis machines are set up correctly, collecting pretreatment dialysis data, reviewing patient records prior to dialysis, conducting pre-dialysis patient assessment and tests, and delivering the patient treatment under the supervision of the Head Nurse.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis treatments are administered to patients correctly.
- Monitoring patients during dialysis treatment to identify any adverse reactions.
- Preparing and updating nursing care plans.
- Promptly notify the appropriate medical practitioner of any problems that occur during dialysis treatments.
- Work with the Dialysis Technicians to ensure that dialysis machines and equipment are set up correctly.
- Teach patients and their family members how to operate home dialysis machines should they decide on home dialysis therapy.
- Educate patients on dialysis treatment options, kidney disease management, as well as suitable nutrition and exercise regimens.
- Ensure uniformity and promptness in the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to patients.
- As the first point of contact, receive, prioritize and direct patients appropriately.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions while under observation.
- Identify accurately potential health risks confronting the patient for Doctors’ information.
- Observe admitted patients regularly, checking vital signs and administering medications to patients in line with Doctor’s prescription.
- Conduct and input information on patients ’vital signs and procedures into the electronic medical record system, register and relevant forms.
- Co-operatively work with colleagues to maintain a professional learning culture.
- Carry out such other related duties as assigned to the nursing team
- Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or training in Nursing
- Certificate in Nephrology Nursing is essential
- Additional training or any other relevant additional degree would be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience covering different aspects of nursing, especially dialysis care
- Current License to practice nursing
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Conversant with technology
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Diligent and hardworking
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player with proven organizational and administrative skills
- An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
- Should be pleasant, patient and honest.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and corresponding CV to email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.