The Reddington Multi-specialist Hospital built on nine floors provides fully comprehensive tertiary hospital solutions in most medical areas. Our journey as a healthcare provider began in March 2006 with the establishment of the Cardiac Centre, in Victoria Island, in association with the renowned Cromwell Hospital in London.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Job Type: Full Time
- This is a full-time on-site role for a Registered Nurse located in Lagos at Reddington Hospital.
- The Nurse will be responsible for providing patient care, offering support to patients and their families, administering medications, and performing various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, as well as ensuring that all patients receive appropriate treatment and care according to their individual needs.
- Accept responsibility and be aware of and able to locate all policies relating to good working practice within the clinical area and be able to adhere to by self and colleagues.
- Work in partnership with the patient and family and other health care professionals in care and discharge planning.
- Acts as an advocate for the patient.
- Maintain accurate and legible records of patient care in line with hospital policies and Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria code of conduct, recognising the legal implications of documentation and integrity and ethics.
- Provide a high standard of care by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care in close liaison with the multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate to all staff, patients and visitors in a confident manner, demonstrating good listening skills and to work effectively as part of a team.
- Staff member have a duty to attend infection control training provided for them by the hospital as set in the infection control policy.
- Deliver information or advice on health promotion to clients, visitors and other staff as necessary.
- To support less experienced nurses, health care assistants and learners.
- Participate in being cost effective in the delivery of high quality care.
- Assist the ward manager with budgetary control in the most effective and efficient use of resources in manpower, equipment and supplies.
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment by complying with hospital procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel as necessary.
- Actively encourage good practice and personal development.
- Assist with clinical projects, standard setting, audits and quality monitoring within the clinical area.
- Report and manage untoward incidents such as complaints, clinical emergencies, and injury or drug administration as per Hospital policies and procedures.
- Acts as a role model
- Any other duties assigned by the ward manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent
- Valid and current Nursing License/Certification in Nigeria
- 3-5 years prior experience working in a hospital or clinical setting preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures, and equipment
- Ability to work well under pressure and to multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with other healthcare professionals
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.