Coastal Specialist Clinic is a mother-and-child hospital that focuses on pregnancy, childbirth, and everything in between. We started providing services in 2011. Additionally, we are committed to upholding high standards through great work ethics, continual improvement, and superior customer service. We are currently located in Warri, Delta State , Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Location: Warri, Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
- This role is responsible for providing high-quality clinical care to patients in the hospital by diagnosing, treating, and helping to prevent diseases of women especially those affecting the reproductive system and the process of childbirth.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
Clinical Service Delivery:
- To provide quality medical care to patients under the supervision of the HOD, Medicine and Acute Care and senior medical staff.
- Conduct a day-to-day review of patients.
- Analyze records, reports, test results or examination information to diagnose the medical condition of the patient.
- Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve the patient’s health and deliver babies safely.
- To ensure comprehensive, accurate and concise medical records are collected and maintained for patients with an appropriate signed and dated legible entry in the patient’s medical record on every attendance upon a patient.
- Consult with, or provide consulting services to, other services.
- Contribute to quality patient care by participating in case planning which includes appropriate pre-admission planning, in-hospital care and discharge planning.
- To arrange investigations, medical treatment and discharge as directed by the Registrar and/or Consultant to which assigned.
- Participate in clinical audits and quality programs as appropriate.
- To be “on-call” or participate in shift rosters is a requirement of the position
- Manage the administrative requirements of the hospital and patient care including ensuring discharge summaries and medico-legal correspondence are completed with no delay.
- Be aware of and adhere to all Coastal Specialist policies and procedures regarding clinical practice.
- Candidates should possess an MBBS Degree with relevant work experience.
- The job holder must have a license to practice medicine from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association.
- Knowledge of O & G and other specialist areas of medical practice such as pathology, radiology and paediatrics.
- The job holder must have good stamina and empathy for patients.
- The job holder must have good communication skills, a strong ability to work well under extreme pressure and self-discipline.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV only to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.