Nova is a multi-specialist care centre that is One-stop-shopping for healthcare needs, people get the care they need, when they need it, in ways that are user-friendly, achieve the desired results and offers comprehensive, high-quality medical care all in one practice. We help guide our patient through the healthcare system. This includes getting through the screening, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of a medical condition, we put patient needs first and working to deliver solution-based assistance through every means possible.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provide quality nursing care that includes assessment, planning and evaluation of care.
- Performs physical examinations, such as measuring vitals, taking blood and urine samples, and ordering diagnostic tests
- Assist in clinical research and record keeping as required by the organisation
- Liaise with medical, allied health and other nursing staff to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Demonstrate competency in professional and clinical skills.
- To communicate effectively with patients, nursing colleagues and all members of the healthcare team
- Ensure appropriate documentation and discharge planning for patients as required.
- This Nurse officer will also be tasked with maintaining accurate patient reports and medical histories, administering medication and treatments to patients while observing reactions and side effects.
- To effectively and efficiently use ward equipment and supplies.
- Maintain interest and understanding of current trends in nursing and in the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrate a professional approach in regard to time keeping, appearance and behaviour.
- Excellence in customer service, facilitating relations with patients, extended families, friends and the broader community.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering intravenous medications.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
- Monitor patient’s condition and assess their needs to provide the best possible care and advice
- Observe and interpret patient’s symptoms and communicate them to physicians
- Collaborate with physicians and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients
- Perform routine procedures (blood pressure measurements, administering injections etc.) and fill in patients’ charts
- Practices in accordance with the organisation’s Vision, Values and Core Objectives.
- RN / RM Certificate
- Bachelor’s of Nursing Science is added advantage
- Valid Licence – Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption Letter
- 3-6 years as RN in hospital environment
- BLS certification
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Experience in emergency room or intensive care
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile.
N160,000 – N205,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
26th November, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send (in one PDF Attachment), the underlisted documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of email:
All applications should contain the listed documents in this order:
RN / BSc Certificates
NYSC Certificate (If applicable)
Valid Practice Liscence